Dear Zoey (or C.J., as your grandpa will call you until you demand that that is not your name),
I am so excited for you to come. I just can't wait to hold you and blow raspberries on your stomach and talk baby talk. Every time I see someone with a baby, I think "Oh, that could be Carla soon!!"
I hope you don't mind all of the attention. I'm sure you'll love it for the most part (until you get to that awkward phase. But no worries, you'll grow out of that too, and we'll still love you all through it).
I just know that you are going to be a smart little cookie (especially with your parents), and a cute little cookie too. Trust me, your wardrobe is more full than mine. And hopefully your aunt Emily and I can get you on the liberal arts side, rather than physics side (yuck, math and science are gross! Books are good!).
You are so lucky, you are going to be born a Carolina girl! I know you may hate dressing up in the Carolina cheerleading outfits on game days, but trust me, you'll be adorable, and you want some adorable pictures of you to counter the bathtub pictures of you. Just always remember: Duke stinks (don't worry, I'll be teaching you that phrase early on).
So much love is just waiting for you, baby girl, so can you make an appearance now? I think your mom and dad and grandma and grandpa (not to mention all your aunts and uncles) are about to pop with anticipation. (And really, do you want to hear stories for years and years and years afterward about how late you were? No, I didn't think so).
C.J., I mean Zoey, I love you lots, and can't wait to hold you,
Love,
(your favorite aunt :D),
Jamie
1 comment:
So sweet! Is zoey the official name? I had not heard! Love it. Hurray for liberal arts.
Post a Comment