I live in a hall-style dorm. This means that I share the bathroom with 30 other girls, which is fine, since at most there are five or six of us there at a time. But last semester, there was one good shower out of the eight showers. Only one shower had good water pressure, and a decent diameter of spray. It was pretty upsetting when someone else took this shower before you, since that meant that you got stuck with one of the showers that was really just a trickle of water (and who wants to start off their day like that?).
Well, when we came back from break, I was one of the first to get in the shower that Monday morning. And to my shock and dismay, the one good shower was broken! I mean, it still functioned, but instead of having a nice wide spray, it was one stream! When I got out of the shower, another girl was about to get in, but I quickly said "Wait, the good shower is broken", and the other girls in the bathroom yelped "What? The one good shower? Are you kidding?". For the rest of the day all of the girls were talking about the lost good shower. What was funny was that most of us don't talk to each other besides saying "Good morning" and "Good night" when we see each other in the bathroom. Yet we all bonded over the dilemma of the shower. It was something we all shared, and something we could all talk about.
Today, I got home from studying, to find my friend and my roommate in our room talking. As soon as I walked in, my friend exclaimed "Jamie, Jamie! They got the showers fixed! All of them! They replaced all of the showerheads!", and we all rushed to see the new showerheads. Sure enough, the maintaince men finally came in and fixed all of the showers, so now we not only have one good shower, but eight.
Now if they would only fix the supicious smell...
No comments:
Post a Comment