Tuesday, January 27, 2009

"That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard! It's totally non-sequitary!"

Another reason why I love Carolina: I get to do crazy stuff, sponsered by the University, like swede movies. Now, if you haven't seen "Be Kind Rewind", stop reading right now and go watch it. It is a fantastic movie about a video rental store, but the videos all get erased, so the kids who work at the store (one of them is Jack Black) decide to make their own shorter versions of the movies (because people can only pay attention for twenty minutes anyways, it scientifically proven), called swedes. So in honor of this movie, the Student Union held a competition on Saturday, seeing who could make the best sweded movie. My friends and I decided to make "The Princess Bride"...and I was cast as Westley (actually, that's not entirely true. I said "Ooh! Ooh! I get to be Westley!"...and you can read into that however you like). Needless to say, I think I look pretty impressive with a goatee.

We proceeded to film the movie quickly (we only had 3 hours to do so), and it was some of the most fun I've ever had. And the best part was telling everyone about it, and seeing their jealous faces.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Hi, you should post your video directly onto your blog :)

elizabeth said...

Heather just gave me the link to your blog, so I am now a reader! You should post the link to your video.

jessamyn said...

Please please please post the video!! I loved be kind rewind and I am one of the reasons that 20 minuted attention span has been scientifically proven.

Followers